Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It Certainly Has Been a Minute


First and foremost let me express my deepest apologies for not holding up my end of the bargain in keeping this blog up to date. That being said, welcome back!

I am currently sitting on my couch in my apartment in Astoria, NYC. I have been home for a week and I am just beginning to settle in. Leaving the ms Amsterdam, which was my home for the past 10 months, was an extremely bittersweet experience. I met so many wonderful, inspiring and hilarious people with whom I cannot wait to spend time with again. I'll give you all a brief recap of where I traveled while on the ship.

Asia - Russia, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia and India

Australia

Dubai, Egypt, Oman, Jordan

Greece, Portugal, Spain

The Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale

Panama, Mexico

San Diego, Vancouver

Seattle, Alaska, Victoria, B.C.

South America, Antarctica

My time spent between the ms Prinsendam and ms Amsterdam took me around the entire globe and all the way to Antarctica. I cannot truly believe all of the amazing places I was blessed to visit, even as I look at the photographic evidence. It truly was a Grand World Voyage. Unfortunately, like all good things, it had to come to an end.

Now that I have returned to NYC, I am in a transition phase. I feel the need to take some time and make clear goals in my mind about what lies ahead for me both personally and professionally. I will always want to perform. When I wake each morning, performing always weighs heavily in my thoughts. However, I also want to spend as much time in this amazing city as I can. So I am focusing on securing a job in the city where I can save money and simply live the life that I have always envisioned for myself. This concrete jungle is truly a place where dreams are made. I fully realize that it will not always be easy, but who can say that life is always easy? I have yet to meet anyone that breezes through life without challenges or pitfalls. The time has come to put my thick skin to the test and boldly go in the direction of my dreams.

I hope that wherever you are right now, you are feeling blessed, loved, inspired and electrified. Take some time to stop and smell the proverbial roses and celebrate all the love in your life, in whatever form it comes.

Keep those chins up!

Until next time,
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment