Thursday, June 23, 2011

Silver Linings Are Worth Their Weight In Gold?

Hello! I am reporting live from Serious Coffee, my favorite caffeine spot in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. The end of another cruise has arrived and it will soon be time to start all over with a new set of passengers.

For those of you that may not know, I am spending my summer in Alaska aboard the ms Amsterdam. This is my second contract in Alaska and not much has changed up here. Each port has its own unique feeling, yet they all have a certain amount of rugged, outdoorsy energy. As I spend more time here, it becomes abundantly clear that Sarah Palin could not be from anywhere else. Hence the reason that I do not wish to spend anymore time here than I must contractually spend.

I was meant to finish my contract on September 2nd and HAPPILY return home. However, we have been extended through December 5th. The silver lining in this situation is the fact that I will finally be able to visit Australia and New Zealand. The hard part is that I have already had to turn down / missed the opportunity for two projects with fantastic creative teams. I resolve to remain positive about these additional three months, yet my heart is longing for home more than I can adequately express through words. No, this would require you to see me running amok like a stone-throwing anarchist.

I am very much looking forward to August when I will be joined by a special guest for a week of cruising debauchery. This man is a brilliant writer and I may be planning to tie him to a chair at my desk and make sure that he completes a novel in that time. I jest, of course. Seriously though, you know who you are. Write me a novel!

Time is rushing away and the warm embrace of a sunny day calls my name, so it shall be here that I bid you adieu.

Love wins,
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment