Monday, June 27, 2011

An Ode to You While I Am Listening to Joni Mitchell and Watching “Milk” at 3am

Could you sit with me as I drift away?
My journey begins the same as every spark lit in the darkness.
Could you sit with me and begin to feel?
Your incautious advance gives way to my end.

Whisper light into the darkest reaches of my mind.
The path ensnared by ages of unwanted platitudes.
Whisper light into my weary heart.
Reflections of my discomposing joy illuminate your embrace.

Sing to me a song of contentment.
Bathe me in words deeper than the sea.
Sing to me a song of compassion.
Caress my soul with jarring comfort.

I ask not what I desire through touch, sound or sight.
My sight is set on unknown warmth.
I ask not what you desire through tears, pleas or hope.
Just give me your hand so that we may encounter tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment