Friday, January 29, 2010

Bit by Bit...Putting it Together

Howdy Blog Land! I hope you have had a great week and are looking forward to an even better weekend.

The second week of rehearsal for "Storytime Live!" is almost over and we head out for tech next Friday. It has been quite a quick process, but a total blast.

The cast is continuing to enhance the characters they've created and I've had the opportunity to swing in a few times when people have been out for costume fittings and such. I'm feeling pretty confident and not nearly as overwhelmed as I was when we were first learning it...which is a good sign.

On top of all that, I have been asked to be the Dance Captain and the Vocal Captain. Both of which are a huge honor and I'm extremely honored to take them on. Many cast members have approached me and asked to have dance classes throughout our time on the road and I cannot wait to collaborate and create with them. It is such a fun and genuinely easy-going group of performers...so refreshing.

That's it for now. My next post will hopefully come from our Tech in York, PA!

Until then, take care of yourselves and take a little time to dance with your arms waving wildly in the air. Trust me, it's the best medicine...other than a nice bottle of red.

Laters.

-Joey-

1 comment: