Sunday, June 2, 2013

I Can't. I'm In Tech.

The summit has been reached.  After a week of early mornings and late nights, the cast of the ms Amsterdam is finally up and running with four production shows.  The long hours of rehearsing and implementing all of the technical aspects were validated by an overwhelmingly positive reception from each audience.  They like us.  They really like us!

Performing three shows a night has taken quite a bit of getting used to.  I have found that taking a vow of silence between each show to be incredibly beneficial.  I have given thought to learning sign language for such situations, but, in the interest of time, I have decided to wear a small chalkboard around my neck.  Incidentally, I have become a master of writing upside down.  This will make me a better person, right?

I was fortunate enough to get off of the ship in two ports last week.  However, now that there will be less rehearsing, I will be able to take full advantage of my time in all four ports.  I am certainly looking forward to exploring Vancouver again.  On a side note, if you ever get the opportunity to visit Vancouver, do it.  I look at this amazing city as the child of Seattle and New York City.  Could it get any better?

Pictures and further updates on my Alaskan adventures will follow, so please prepare yourselves.  I will assume that your breath is bated.  :)

I pray that you are thriving and surrounded by laughter, love, and goodness.

Until next time…

J

No comments:

Post a Comment