Sunday, May 27, 2012

Short and Sweet


Short and Sweet

I have made it to Los Angeles and rehearsal is underway!  Things are going very well thus far.  I, along with the other three men of “Cantare”, have finished our music rehearsals and moved onto learning our choreography and blocking.  The show “Cantare” is essentially a men’s quartet modeled after “Il Divo.”  Yes, complete with Italian vocals.  Prego!  It is such an honor to make beautiful music with such talented and generous men.  I am feeling blessed, y’all!

Sidenote:  I learned some very interesting trivia from one of our vocal directors that I would like to share with you.  The lyrics for “Unchained Melody” where taken from a letter that was found in the pocket of a fallen soldier in WWII.  It was addressed to his girlfriend back in the states and he was urging her to wait for him.  I thought that was beautiful, tragic, and share-worthy.

It is just the four of us for the next couple of days.  The four female dancers and leading lady of our cast arrive next, followed by the two male dancers and female singer/dancer.  I am greatly looking forward to meeting everyone and having our entire family here!

That is all I have to report for now.  I hope that you are feeling blessed and supported in whatever you may be going through.  I am sending lots of love to each and every one of you.  I realize that there may only be two of you reading this, so consider yourselves incredibly loved.

Until next time,

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment